There’s a revolution happening in publishing, and if you want to stay marketable, you need to learn digital skills, fast. Readers can now touch and interact with magazines and other publications. These digital publications can be produced with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite (DPS for short) which is quickly becoming the industry standard. Used with Adobe InDesign, you can make tablet-ready content, and preview it instantly on your iPad, Android device, and computer.
Adobe Digital Publishing Suite for Beginners is made up of several lessons from my larger course, Create Your Own iPad & Android Publications, which covers other topics, including design principles, interactive pdfs, and eBooks. Adobe Digital Publishing Suite for Beginners is for you if you have knowledge of design fundamentals, and just want to get up and running with Adobe DPS.
Download templates and lesson files if you want to follow along, and re-create the examples shown in the video lectures.
What are the requirements?
- This course covers Adobe InDesign CS6 and CS5.5. Users of CS5 should be able to follow along fine, but users of earlier versions won't be able to follow along with lessons, hands-on.
- Lessons are shown in Mac OS, but PC users will easily be able to follow along.
- If you don't own an iPad or Android tablet, you'll still be able to take the course.
What am I going to get from this course?
- By the end of this course, you'll be able to create a digital publication with interactive content, and preview it on a device.
- In this course, you'll learn how to You'll learn how to Install Adobe DPS and setup files.
- You'll also work with folios and articles.
- From there, you'll start to create interactive content: scrolls, pop-ups, and slideshows.
- Next, you'll add audio, video, and hyperlinks to your publication.
- Then, you'll get more advanced, and combine interactive content.
- Finally, you'll learn how to preview, share, and manage digital publications.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is targeted to students who have established design and production skills, and who want to learn the technical side of digital publishing using Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.
- You'll need to have beginner- to intermediate-level Adobe InDesign skills.