Certificate in Digital Media
1400 Wesley W. Posvar Hall 230 S. Bouquet Street Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Who should participate:
- Professionals operating in multimedia environments
- Individuals responsible for e-commerce efforts
- People interested in producing content for online publications and sites, films, documentaries, etc.
Upon completion of this certificate, participants will be able to:
- Understand how concepts, design, and technology work together to communicate with mass audiences
- Design, create, and manipulate digital communication vehicles
- Understand the importance of visual and textual communication in maintaining organizational success
- Produce engaging interactive programs, such as for training or sales purposes
This certificate is applicable to such fields as interactive online training; 3-D animation; electronic catalogs; DVDs for sales, marketing, or training purposes; multimedia businesses; and general e-commerce.
Obtaining the certificate
To receive the certificate, you must fill out an application with your academic advisor prior to completing your last term in the program. Check with your academic advisor for the application filing form and deadline, and be sure all requirements for the certificate have been met. To avoid a late fee, you should complete this process when registering for the term.