The 10 Fastest-Growing Skills in the Online Job Market
Without a doubt, the digital sector is one of the world's fastest-growing job markets with new roles being created and existing roles being developed all the time.
The digital realm is in perpetual motion and as new technologies emerge, so do new opportunities - and as a result, new talent is needed to leverage them. In the UK alone, the digital skills gap, or deficit, is causing issues regarding innovation and productivity. According to a recent study, 52% of companies reported a slight shortage in digital competencies, with 21% stating the deficit was 'significant' and 3% confirming it was 'critical'.
But, those that keep their finger on the pulse and continue to upskill themselves with emerging competencies, stand to enjoy an incredible amount of success, as do the companies that employ them. For instance, the emergence of natural language processing has seen some freelancers reaping the benefits already, earning an average hourly rate of $123 (US) per hour.
We've established that having the right digital skills will take you or your businesses to new and impressive heights. To lend you a helping hand, there are the official top 10 biggest growing skills in the online job market.
1. Natural language processing: The application of computational techniques resulting in the analysis and synthesis of natural (human-like) language and speech.
2. Swift development: A broad-ranging, multi-paradigm, compiled programming language developed by Apple for iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS, and Linux.
3. Tableau: An industry-leading BI tool that specialises in data visualisation, dashboarding and data discovery.
4. Amazon Marketplace Web Services (MWS): An integrated web service API that assists Amazon sellers in programmatically exchanging data on listings, orders, payments, reports and a range of other elements.
5. Stripe: An ever-growing payment processing API for e-commerce businesses.
6. Instagram marketing: We live in a visual world where Instagram currently has 200 million monthly active users. Surely that’s reason enough for companies of all shapes and sizes to crave individuals with superior Instagram marketing skills?
7. MySQL programming: A powerful open source relational database management system (RDBMS) based on Structured Query Language (SQL).
8. Unbounce: A campaign-specific webpage orientated tool that helps its users reduce bounce rate and increase conversions.
9. Social media management: Around 2.46 billion people use social media worldwide - that's an incredible level of opportunity for brands and marketers to grow their customer base. No wonder it’s such an in demand online job. Check more content related to social media here
10. AngularJS: A structural framework built for dynamic web apps that facilitates the use of HTML as a template language and allows the extension of HTML's syntax to express an application's components clearly and succinctly.
Now you know which digital or online skills are in hot demand, you can go about gaining new skills, gaining a competitive edge on the competition and enhancing your prospects.
Start a new and exciting professional journey today by signing up to our platform and enjoy a host of networking opportunities, access to online courses and exclusive insights into the digital world.
Don't miss any update on digital trends
in Digital Trending Topics
in Digital Industry Top Courses to
enhance your Digital Skills
Do Today’s Businesses Have the Digital Skills They Need?
If you haven’t at least heard of digital transformation by now, you are lagging far behind a great deal of your competitors.
Top 5 Marketing Automation Software
If you’re like me, you’ve had those days where your schedule is filled with back-to-back meetings, those days where you can’t seem to check anything off your to-do list. You can barely find time for coffee, let alone the pile of emails that need to go out or social media posts still to upload. If this sounds familiar, marketing automation may be the solution you’re looking for to lessen your workload and increase efficiency.
Open Online Courses for the Digital Age
The digital age is upon us and it’s moving rapidly. As technologies advance and digital transformation evolves, it's the responsibility of senior executives to upskill themselves and their staff, continuously.