WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management is a privately funded business school based in Vallendar/Koblenz and in Düsseldorf. It is a leading business school in Germany and is continuously ranked among the top business schools in Europe. WHU’s academic degree programs and executive education programs provide excellent educational opportunities for every career stage.
The school is accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, and FIBAA and has a network of around 200 partner universities worldwide. In this context, WHU offers a stimulating international environment.
WHU invites applications for the position of
Assistant Professor (m/f) of Digitalization
located at the WHU Campus Vallendar / Düsseldorf, with a start date of September 2017 or later.
Research and Academic Programs at WHU
The candidate is expected to contribute to the Center of Digitalization at WHU. The objective of the center’s members is to pursue cutting-edge research in the domain of digitalization and digital transformation. The candidate should have established a research focus in at least one of the following areas: internet-of-things; machine learning and computational intelligence; cyber and data security; digital ecosystems.
- Teaching in the various English-language WHU programs.
- Doing research in the field of digitalization.
- Engaging in activities related to developing and maintaining corporate con-nections.
- Contributions to digital transformation workshops in executive education.
- Relevant Ph.D. degree (Business / Computer Science / Engineering) or equivalent academic qualification.
- Teaching experience, especially in English-language programs.
- Outstanding English communication skills (written and verbal).
- International experience.
The appointment is initially for 3 years and can be extended for another 3 years conditional upon a positive mid-term review. Moreover, WHU offers the opportunity for tenure track, if the WHU requirements and frameworks for a tenure track are met. Salary is competitive on an international level.
WHU is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from international candidates.
Please submit your detailed application documents including a list of publications and electronic copies of your three most relevant publications via e-mail by April 30, 2017 to:
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management
Attn.: Diana Stasch, Burgplatz 2, 56179 Vallendar, Germany
For informal enquiries, please contact:
Prof. Stefan Spinler
Director, Center of Digitalization
Phone: +49 261 6509 431
Faculty / professor
Vallendar , Germany