Corporate / management
348 King's Rd, Chelsea, London SW3 5UT
Overall purpose of role
This key role in the Group Channels Effectiveness team oversees the stakeholder, technical and content management of our digital internal communication channels. An eye for detail, ability to juggle several tasks at once, good stakeholder management skills and a drive to achieve best practice are all required. An interest in writing and storytelling is also desirable.
- Manage or support the development and delivery of internal digital communication channels for the business, including intranet pages, HTML email, news, internal social media, video hosting, survey/polling and video/digital signage where appropriate
- Work closely with internal technology teams and external suppliers to maintain and improve Barclays’ digital internal communications channels and ensure they are best in class
- Support stakeholders from across the business, ensuring the digital internal communications channels are fit for purpose, as well as updating and creating content across the channels
- Act as subject matter expert for all digital internal communications channels, providing advice and consultancy on content, design, best practice and technical queries
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- The role requires strong stakeholder management skills to ensure reasonable expectations are set while requirements are met.
- Working closely with technology teams, the role will help bridge the gap between those teams and less technical colleagues.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Support on strategic oversight of digital internal communications channels. Have a keen interest in digital communications and actively search out the latest trends to understand how they could be used internally.
- Be a trusted advisor to all stakeholders to ensure all our content is as effective as possible, as well in line with Barclays style and tone.
- This role requires someone who remains calm in a crisis and can effectively prioritise their work to ensure deadlines are met and projects remain on track with minimal guidance.
- The individual should be inquisitive and have a good understanding of best practice both externally and within the organisation.
The individual must be able to work alone, as well as being a team player, and have the desire to suceed
With good written skills the candidate should be comfortable editing and/or rewriting copy and have a keen eye for spelling and grammatical errors.