Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate email advocacy program, including building and scheduling outbound action alerts in Engaging Networks.
• Execute testing strategies, such as A/B testing, to optimize campaigns; and assist program staff with maximizing open- and click-through rates.
• Help draft action alerts; and social media copy and design graphics with an eye toward maximizing reach.
• Coordinate and participate in the development and implementation of strategies to grow CSPI’s email list.
• Work with program staff to devise social media or other web development strategies that integrate with email campaigns.
•Manage and nurture CSPI’s social media communities, including responding to messages, moderating comments, and growing number of followers.
• Use metrics to determine the effectiveness of email campaigns and social media use.
• Stay current on industry trends and best practices in online communications for advocacy organizations.
• One to two years’ experience in digital communications in an advocacy campaign environment.
• Experience with eCRM systems such as Convio or (preferably) Engaging Networks; Drupal or other content management systems; Photoshop and other photo and video editing software.
• Prior experience in communications, public relations, or issue advocacy is highly desirable.
• Experience with social media tools and marketing.
• Experience in using statistics to measure effectiveness of initiatives.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; and strong proofreading skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, an ability to adapt to changing priorities in a news-driven atmosphere.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or journalism preferred.
• Interest in nutrition, food safety, or health issues and public interest commitment.