Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a technical consultant to faculty, and trains/assists and authorizes faculty who wish to use the facility and/or teach in the facility.
- Under the direction of the College of Art, Media & Design (CAMD) Dean, will prepare for and teach one 3-credit course each semester, as required to support the needs of the University.
- Consults regularly with the Sculpture coordinator
- Serves as liaison with the Office of Technology and Information Services (OTIS) and coordinates OTIS's oversight with the academic areas
- Researches and develops written materials for instructional guides and orientation documents for students and faculty
- For each piece of Digital Fabrication Lab equipment: schedules and delivers 3-hour training sessions for small groups of students who are requesting access
- Develops and delivers an "Introduction to the Shop" safety orientation for all students using the facility
- Insures that shop rules and school regulations are followed and respected
- Provides general support to faculty as needed in the classroom
- Physically maintains the facility, tools and equipment. This includes calibrating, cleaning, lubricating, checking, tightening, painting, refinishing, repairs, routine maintenance and sending equipment out to be repaired.
- Schedules and supervises assistants, work study students and student monitors
- Is proactive in providing additional assistance to faculty/students where it is needed
- Orders and maintains sufficient levels of materials and supplies. This includes price comparison, research, preparing of purchase orders, communicating with vendors, receiving of orders and keeping a record of purchases.
- Manages and operates materials resource/resale center
- Fills out work orders and communicates with Facilities, Housekeeping and Security for necessary items such as trash pick-up, repairs to plumbing, electrical, mechanical systems, etc.
- Implements improvements in organization and repair of physical facility as directed by Sculpture Coordinator.
- Builds pedagogical demos, displays, kits and other instructional items as needed or assigned
- Dispenses materials and tools to instructors for demonstration use and keeps a record of any items transferred into instructional supply from resale
- Performs annual inventory of resale stock
- Stays current with hardware, software and technology necessary to keep the facility relevant and up to date
- Performs other research as required
- Assists with installation of student work for displays, exhibitions and other University events
- Performs other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
Corporate / management
320 S. Broad St. Philadelphia, PA 19102
Philadelphia , United States