The Digitization Coordinator works under the supervision of the Manager of Special Collections and Museum Services and works closely with the Librarian Archivist and Special Collections staff. As a team member of the Special Collections and Museum Services Department the position works with volunteers and with staff from other departments. This position also represents the Library as a knowledgable professional, providing excellent customer service to customers, businesses and organizations.
In this position you will:
- Convert archival materials to digital format using a high-resolution scanner.
- Provide expertise in handling fragile and rare archival materials.
- Prepare materials within set standards for scanning.
- Record and maintain technical, item, and structural metadata.
- Upload metadata and scanned images into CONTENTdm.
- Conduct quality control checks as needed on scanned images, transcriptions, and metadata.
- Create limited amounts of transcriptions and metadata for historical collections as needed.
- Provide coverage at the Special Collections and InfoZone Customer Service Desks as needed. May conduct digitization work while at desk.
- Assist customers by providing department tours and instruction on use of interactive exhibits in the InfoZone Museum.
- Process payment transactions at the InfoZone Museum desk, operates cash register, accurately makes change, may process credit card transactions and provide receipts.
- Operate technical equipment in the InfoZone Theater to show movies and assist with outside organization programs in the department.
- Maintain archival storage of materials and shelving of archival and genealogical material.
- Perform collection research and document delivery/obituary research as needed.
Corporate / junior
100 E Abriendo Ave, Pueblo, CO 81004
Pueblo , United States