Corporate / junior
100 E Abriendo Ave, Pueblo, CO 81004
The Digitization Coordinator works under the supervision of the Manager of Special Collections and Museum Services and works closely with the Librarian Archivist and Special Collections staff. As a team member of the Special Collections and Museum Services Department the position works with volunteers and with staff from other departments. This position also represents the Library as a knowledgable professional, providing excellent customer service to customers, businesses and organizations.
In this position you will:
- Convert archival materials to digital format using a high-resolution scanner.
- Provide expertise in handling fragile and rare archival materials.
- Prepare materials within set standards for scanning.
- Record and maintain technical, item, and structural metadata.
- Upload metadata and scanned images into CONTENTdm.
- Conduct quality control checks as needed on scanned images, transcriptions, and metadata.
- Create limited amounts of transcriptions and metadata for historical collections as needed.
- Provide coverage at the Special Collections and InfoZone Customer Service Desks as needed. May conduct digitization work while at desk.
- Assist customers by providing department tours and instruction on use of interactive exhibits in the InfoZone Museum.
- Process payment transactions at the InfoZone Museum desk, operates cash register, accurately makes change, may process credit card transactions and provide receipts.
- Operate technical equipment in the InfoZone Theater to show movies and assist with outside organization programs in the department.
- Maintain archival storage of materials and shelving of archival and genealogical material.
- Perform collection research and document delivery/obituary research as needed.