Corporate / senior
Country: United States
Corporate / senior
Serve as the portfolio manager for all projects and services offered by the Stanford University Libraries digitization programs. These services include digitization of maps, photos, manuscripts, audio, video, film, microfilm, posters, fine art, newspapers, 3D objects, born-digital media and other items for use in research and teaching at Stanford and beyond. Act as the first point of contact for new digitization projects, helping to shape the dimensions and components of each project in order that it may be specified, resourced and scheduled appropriately. Ensure that digitization work is completed on time, meets quality expectations, and that the output is delivered as specified, including the hand-off to downstream systems and processes. Liaise across the organization, working closely with librarians, archivists, digitization staff, metadata staff, project managers and other service managers. Defining and expand the scope of SUL’s digitization services, including strategic partnerships, grants and new business models.
Under the guidance of senior management, develop, deliver and evaluate a portfolio of programs or products. Responsible for delivering multiple products/programs within scope, on time, and within budget.
● Recommend and execute product/ program plan strategy, including portfolio development and marketing, to meet business objectives. Identify and pursue opportunities for fundraising and strategic collaboration.
● Define and conduct analysis and make recommendations regarding the direction of the product/program portfolio. Act as primary service manager for the digitization program’s cost recovery-based patron request digitization service and one-off digitization services.
● Maintain a working knowledge of marketing plans as related to portfolio. Produce and maintain written material and other collateral for web and print to market digitization services to the Stanford community. Prepare and deliver presentations to prospective clients and allied professional communities.
● Assess prospective audience, planning and executing a conversion strategy to meet product/program goals.
● Implement improvements based on analysis which improve processes, programs and business across the department.
● Build partnerships and engage groups that participate in program or product delivery.
● Deliver an experience that leads to high customer satisfaction and advocacy for the program.
● Manage vendor relationships.
● May supervise others.