Position Summary: Produce print ready files for Flexographic or Digital press. Use of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator-Indesign-Photoshop) to preflight, prepare and RIP files and step files according to press requirements, for the purpose of meeting daily production schedule.
• Develop the graphics within specified parameters for flexographic or digital printing given customer supplied samples, sketches, notes or electronic files
• Provide sales reps and/or customers with die-lines for artwork preparation
• Produce and verify printable bar codes
• Ability to accurately check files for color separations, minimum press specs, spelling, document size, bump curves, cutbacks, screen angles, etc
• Create or revise product die-lines as needed
• Setup supplied artwork to a production ready file
• Send out print ready file for customer approval (pdf format and/or press accurate proof)
• Output plate files according to die specs
• Make or pull plates, organize & give plates to pressroom for printing
• Organize and store plate packets
• Perform some maintenance on prepress equipment
• Output laser/inkjet proofs and press accurate proofs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• 1-2 years of Flexographic experience preferred
• Working knowledge of MAC OS and Windows Operating Systems.
• Skilled in Mac-based Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat)
• Excellent oral and written communication, organization and problem solving skills
• Attention to detail, in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
• Ability to handle demanding schedules and multiple priorities.
• Understanding of fonts, 4 color process & Pantone based inks
• Working knowledge of ESKO software preferred, but not required
• Flexibility and availability during peak seasonal periods is required
• Perform effectively in a team-based approach to process improvement and problem-solving
• Perform well independently on projects from beginning to end
Admin / marketing & communications
Nisswa , United States