Corporate / senior
1845 Fairmount St, Wichita, KS 67260
Under the supervision of the Catalog and Institutional Repository Librarian, the Institutional Repository and Digital Support Specialist will provide assistance and support with the population, processing of items, and maintenance of SOAR, the Wichita State institutional repository. The employee will also provide assistance with other library digital platforms, currently OJS and ContentDM as directed by supervisor. The Specialist must work effectively both independently and as a member of a team. The position will be responsible for variety of operations and projects, including but not limited to:
1. Under direction of supervisor, verify copyright compliance for postings, obtain and record permissions from copyright holders or publishers as necessary, and verify publisher authorization to archive appropriate copy.
2. Harvest and prepare metadata for uploading records in SOAR or other library platforms.
3. Prepare, edit, and organize documentation for procedures and protocols related to the institutional repository.
4. Compile usage statistics and reports for the Institutional Repository Librarian and/or University Libraries administration.
5. Assist the Catalog and Institutional Repository Librarian in obtaining preprint and post-print copies of articles from faculty.
6. As assigned by Catalog and Institutional Repository Librarian, coordinate internal archival processes with other campus units such as the Graduate School.
7. Collect WSU affiliated research and archival materials.
8. Work with library units such as Special Collections to complete internal digitization projects or other library projects as assigned.
9. Supervise, train, assign tasks to, and schedule student assistants.
10. Direct collecting, scanning, and preparing PDF files for uploading in SOAR by student assistants. Work must be completed in accordance with established archival and ADA guidelines.
11. Review student assistant metadata and SOAR submissions.
12. Participate in professional development activities.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.