Kwantlen Polytechnic University has an opening for a full time, permanent Production Specialist to work in our Marketing Services department located on the Surrey campus.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Brand Strategy, the Production Specialist will be responsible for planning, developing/designing, and producing a variety of promotional and marketing materials that support the faculties and service areas across the University – ultimately, to recruit students and increase overall institutional awareness.
The successful incumbent will:
• Have in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with graphic design; desktop publishing; digital colour pre-flight and pre-press workflow competency
• Understand digital colour environment and requirements, able to pre-press files in this environment
• Prepare layouts and graphic elements creatively and accurately in adherence with established brand guidelines
• Refresh existing projects based on feedback received and/or seasonal updates required
• Provide recommendations to determine effective and efficient content/designs
• Demonstrate knowledge of industry trends and latest software applications
• Remain fluent in current industry software, primarily Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
• Work with print production staff to ensure press-ready design files are to spec and error free
• Communicate effectively and work with minimal supervision both individually and in a team
• Establish and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction by effectively managing workload and ensuring projects are completed according to the existing production schedule
The successful candidate will have a degree or diploma in Graphic Design, plus a minimum of 3 years recent related experience or an equivalent combination with a current portfolio.
Please see the job description below for further information:
If you are innovative and a creative, high energy, self-starter who thrives on new challenges and are interested in this unique and exciting employment opportunity, please forward your resume, cover letter and portfolio link, quoting competition number 18-240R to: email@example.com.
Mid-level industry position
Surrey , Canada