Researcher / analyst
Bio-Rad Laboratories is a global leader in developing, manufacturing and marketing a broad range of innovative products for the life science research and clinical diagnostics markets. At the Digital Biology Center we are involved in making Droplet DigitalTM PCR (ddPCR) related products using microfluidics to generate thousands of uniform nanoliter-sized droplets in a water/oil based emulsion. Built upon this concept, Bio-Rad’s QX200 ddPCR system and related products are having a cutting edge impact in both research and healthcare. We’re looking for an energetic and talented Research Associate II (molecular biologist) who will work closely with the engineering team to test the life sciences applications on new ddPCR platforms. Key activities include assessing system reliability and assist in troubleshooting of new and/or high throughput droplet digital PCR platforms during various development phases.
We are seeking a talented candidate that is passionate about contributing to the development of Bio-Rad’s new ddPCR platforms; assisting in verification and validation of new products using exciting biological applications such as copy number variation, mutation detection and gene expression, and contributing to improving patients’ lives by building robust systems with unmatched precision, accuracy and sensitivity. The successful candidate will be an individual who relishes lab work, has great communication skills and truly enjoys working as a member of a high impact R&D team.
- Design experiments, analyze data and provide reports for the thorough qualification of novel high throughput droplet digital PCR systems during various development phases.
- Track down the issues during the qualification studies and assess the system reliability by binning down the issues into proper buckets and assist in their troubleshooting.
- Conduct verification and validation studies for a variety of new ddPCR based products and platforms, compile protocols & author reports and manage reagent/consumable inventories (including lot tracking) for such studies.
- Collaborate with engineers and point out the challenges at the right time, paying close attention to the subtle details.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or related fields with 2-5 years of wet-lab working experiences, ideally in PCR, nucleic acid (DNA and RNA) OR Master’s degree with 0-2 years of experience.
- Excellent knowledge and practice of basic molecular biology laboratory techniques are essential.
- Ability to draft and review technical documents such as test plans & reports.
- Experience with statistical analysis software such as JMP and Excel is preferred.
- A quick learner, ability to work independently and within a team and communicate effectively with various cross-functional teams.
- Previous hands on ddPCR experience is an advantage.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills along with multi-tasking and great organizational skills are a plus.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.