Purpose of role
To assist CRM and Retention Managers in the delivery of retention, customer loyalty and in-life campaigns for all GNM recurring revenue products.
To focus on customer retention, up-selling and cross-selling, targeting through exceptional multi-channel campaigns, which harness all of our customer research and insight.
The recurring revenue products are: Subscriptions - Guardian & Observer both Paper and Digital pack options, Guardian Weekly Membership, Guardian Soulmates, Guardian Holidays, Guardian Live and Guardian Jobs
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- The retention team is responsible for meeting shared objectives and revenue targets for GNM content subscriptions and business extensions.
The role requires:
- Working with Head of Retention & CRM and Retention and CRM Managers to understand the main factors and trigger points and minimise churn.
- The implementation and delivery of successful retention campaigns, including renewals, upselling and loyalty building
- Working within agreed budget parameters
- Liaising with internal teams, including creative, planning, business management, awareness and acquisition
- Assisting planning and retention teams in building customer journeys.
- Delivery of in-life comms (email and DM), including on-boarding, weekly e-newsletter for Membership, weekly emails to cross sell and upsell for business extensions
- Working with the Data Insight team on data selections
- Briefing and debriefing creative work
- Proof reading and following approvals process for copy and creative.
- Presenting plans and reviews internally and to external suppliers
- Campaign analysis and reporting
- Key contacts and relationships (internal and external)
- All members of the Retention & CRM team
- The wider Consumer Marketing team including Planning, Awareness and Acquisition
- Business Management and Customer Experience teams
- Editorial teams
- In-house creative agency
- Data and insight teams
- Exact Target and SFMC Cloud teams
Knowledge & experience
- Experience with data driven CRM and retention activity, ideally across both digital and print
- High levels of numeracy and literacy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Presentation skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Experience of using ESP (Exact Target)
- Experience of Google Analytics
- Experience of Sales Force Marketing Cloud
- Working knowledge of HTML