Additional Work Location(s) : Novi; Richardson
Ready to explore a world of opportunities? If so, the Leadership Experience Acceleration Program (LEAP) is just for you. At HARMAN, we invest in the future talent of our organization by developing early career professionals. Over the two-year program, the Digital LEAP members will rotate through various Digital roles within the HARMAN Group. In the process members will gain global experience, enhance their information technology skills and build an in depth understanding of the technology, businesses and functions within HARMAN.
In addition, you will participate in a mentoring program to help guide your experience, gain access and exposure to HARMAN University courses, in-person group learning, virtual and self-paced programs while developing a strong peer and global network.
Are you driven to solve complex problems? Do you thrive in a results-oriented environment? In addition, are you seeking an opportunity that strikes your creative and technical abilities? If yes, then LEAP is for you!
For the initial rotations, it is expected there are no direct reports. As the Digital LEAP member progresses through their assignments they will acquire supervisory responsibility as part of the development program.
Within any projects set during the assignments the member may retain supervisory responsibility for team members as required within the specified project.
Typical Job Responsibilities:
- Lead large IT strategic programs with strong stakeholder engagement to drive business focused outcomes.
- Assess the overall system architecture, and design secure, high-performance technical solutions.
- Articulate design considerations, risks, trade-offs, benefits, and recommendations for technical architecture that leverages the system platform and products and improves business processes and productivity.
- Co-team with the developers to produce technical specifications for custom development and systems integration requirements.
- Collaborate in strategic and tactical planning and design sessions with senior architects and developers, product owners and UX design teams.
- Leverage the use of cloud (AWS, Azure) and cloud native / agnostic tools such as Kafka, Python, JSON, Ruby, Ansible, Oracle, SQL, MongoDB etc. to build and enhanace applications.
- Lead or Participate in Agile DevOps pods to drive business focused outcomes with speed and innovation.
- Lead Cyber Security & Network automation and forensic tools to improve IT’s defensive capabilities.
There are 3 rotations over the 2 year life of a Digital LEAP program member. Below are a few examples of the rotations:
Business Unit Interfact Rotations (reports to a Digital BUI Leader):
The Business Unit Team within Digital is responsible for interfacing with key business leaders within our 4 divisions (Connected Car, Lifestyle Audio, Connected Services and Professional Services). Rotations can be focused on leading key programs, managing financials, driving outcomes, supporting customer service etc.
Centers of Competance Rotations (reports to a Digital COC Leader):
The Centers of Competence (COC) team comprising of Engineering, Customer Intensity, Shared Services and Supply Chain are responsible for delivering application and business transformation services to the divisions. Rotations can be focused in either one of these 4 COCs delivering outcome based solutions using technology and business process improvement toolsets such as LEAN or CAP.
Solution Delivery Rotations (reports to a Solution Delivery Leader):
The Solution Delivery (SD) team comprises of the following disicplines: DevOps, Cloud & Foundations services, Data Analytics and Enterprise Security. Examples of rotations in the SD space can involve writing automation scripts to prevent Phising attacks or migrating a workload to the Cloud or leading the data conversion for an ERP project or building an analytics dashboard for ecommerce data.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Computer Engineering or Data Science & Analytics.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%) and commitment to the rotations over the length of the program
- Ability to relocate outside of home country for one rotation (typically no longer than 6-8 months)
- Strong work ethics and principles
- Team player with positive attitude to succeed
- Strong aptitude for Digital with broad knowledge of Information Technology
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
Leadership: Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
Change Orientation: Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
Collaboration: Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
Judgment: Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
Results-Driven: Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work in an office initially in Novi, MI or Bangalore, IN or Richardson, TX.
- Willingness to relocate to any HARMAN office in the future.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Commitment to the program and assignments over the two years
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
Junior industry position
Novi , United States