Executive / senior industry position
Digital Customer Experience (DCX) is a functional group within Genentech Business Operations (GBO) comprised of experienced digital experts who partner across CMG to orchestrate and deliver integrated digital customer experiences that drive measurable business outcomes.
The purpose of this role is to be the subject matter expert and solution owner for data and analytics platforms within DCX. They will be responsible for understanding business and customer needs, identifying opportunities for automation and innovation, designing and implementing solutions that allow for scale and efficiency.
- Responsible for platform-as-a-service performance as measured by the enablement of business outcomes
- Responsible for proposing technology solutions and getting buy-in from functional leaders/squad leaders, securing investments and then leading teams to implement such solutions
- Define and manage solution architecture from idea to implementation ensuring that solution supports the business objectives, while maintaining the integrity of the overall enterprise architecture
- Provide technical leadership to team members and vendor resources (onsite and offshore). Manages platform/technology vendors, including contracting
- Proactively identify and determine solutions to execute business objectives
- Represent technical POV in cross-functional team meetings for defining new requirements or resolving business issues as needed.
- Maintain product technical knowledge and lead architecture design discussions
- Work with other platform leads and architects to design and implement high availability, high performance systems in support of strategic goals.
- Review the team’s work to ensure compliance to standards and best practices.
- Be an owner in defining and overseeing overall development/data governance and standards.
- Leads and participates in cross CMG efforts requiring the integration of data and systems in order to drive business and customer outcomes
- Drives efficiency and improvements in media/social operations and strategy by advising/training on the effective use of platform/data
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to anticipate business needs, drive clarity in ambiguous situations and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and executional skills; ability to build strategies and plans that align with business priorities
- Strong system and data Integration skills, as it relates to digital marketing
- Solid large project management skills to ensure that all project deliverables are on time and high quality
- Strong Business Analysis skills, documenting and developing operational and governance processes
- Strong understanding of Cloud technologies
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong collaboration & communication skills
- Ability to forecast and manage resources for operations
- Ability to gauge the feasibility, impact and risks of proposed enhancements & innovations
- Ability, comfort & commitment in/to operating in a highly regulated environment and industry, which requires understanding of the imperative for compliance with company policies, procedures and other relevant internal or external laws and regulations
- Relocation assistance is being provided.
- MBA or other related graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of related work experience, preferably in analytics, data, or marketing operations
- Advanced knowledge of web analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics), tag management (Ensighten), A/B & multivariate testing tools, voice of customer tools and user experience tools.
- Experience creating and managing solution design documents for analytics tools
- Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics certification (additional certifications are a plus)
- Experience with data integrations using strong data management principles
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.