• Lead the product management effort and go-to-market strategy across all digital customer engagement platforms (i.e. mobile, desktop, tablet and apps) in all channels (online, call center and in stores).
• Provide leadership, motivation and hands-on direction to product managers, user experience designers and project teams.
• Engage with business leaders to understand both Company and functional goals around becoming a Customer Centric retailer.
• Evangelize the digital product roadmap and secure business-wide consensus on the strategy.
• Translate business goals into functional digital strategies and tactical digital product ideas
• Foster a highly collaborative environment that inspires the product development teams to develop innovative digital strategies and products
• Develop a technology roadmap that positions Total Wine & More for market leadership
• Drive change to align leadership to adopt agile values and principles
• Lead the development and execution of product plans, schedules, and delivery milestones through agile and technical expertise, collaborative leadership, and visionary skills
• Build strong relationships across the leadership team; promote transparency and align cross functional resources to product delivery timelines
• Anticipate, identify, and communicate potential business risks and offer strategic and tactical options to meet and exceed goals
• Develop the product management team to their full potential by motivating and encouraging them through relevant, ongoing recognition and creating a culture of trust
• Attract and retain key digital talent
• Set annual performance objectives, development plans, and conduct annual performance reviews with each direct report
Minimum Experience, Skills & Education:
• 10+ years managing consumer-facing technology web based products, through full life cycle.
• 5+ years working in a digital consumer retail business.
• Experience in hiring and building best in class digital product management teams.
• Proven track record of aggressively driving digital product and business strategy.
• Experience communicating across groups with varying degrees of technical background
• Must have track record of success in leading teams responsible for building digital products/strategy.
• Must have experience in customer-facing digital product development with e-commerce.
• Strong grasp on the full product development lifecycle and in agile methodologies.
• Very strong change management and documentation skills.
• Agile product management experience.
• Experience developing a platform and APIs to be integrated across enterprise-wide systems.
• Accomplishment as a people manager and a self-starter attitude.
• Demonstrated experience driving organizational change, creating high performing digital teams
• Proven competencies in leading, motivating and developing multiple levels of staff to create a competitive advantage in the digital space
• Exceptional problem solving and relationship building capability
• Demonstrated leadership in executing against strategic and operational goals by managing workflows, allocating resources, identifying gaps and communicating and partnering with key stakeholders.
• Experience with budgets and schedules to meet corporate requirements
• Well versed in development of corporate methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
Preferred Experience & Education:
• Experience in large national or international companies with a geographically widespread workforce.
• BS or MS in an Information Technology related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
Mid-level industry position
Bethesda, Maryland, SAD
Bethesda , United States