Reasons to study Digital Arts MA at De Montfort University:
- Students are able to develop their own digital arts specialism whilst gaining a multi-disciplinary understanding and experience of digital arts practice. Students are encouraged to take risks and innovate to develop truly extraordinary work
- The programme has close links with regional, national and international digital arts practitioners, networks and organisations
- Students have exposure to and interaction with a dedicated team of digital arts practitioners and research-active academics in both hands-on, collaborative workshops and visiting lectures
- Practical modules prepare students for the professional world of Digital Arts practice by challenging them to experiment with new technologies in both collaborative and independent capacities
- Seminar and research methods modules enable students to be active contributors to discussion of contemporary issues in the field of Digital Arts
- The programme draws on the resources and expertise of both the Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities and the Faculty of Technology
- The new Vijay Patel building has been designed to provide the space and facilities where ideas can develop and flourish for all of our art and design courses - find out more
The Digital Arts masters is an exciting practice-based programme that runs across the Faculty of Arts, Design and Humanities and the Faculty of Technology. Students will develop their own innovative work within the wider critical contexts of digital practices, in areas including interactive visual and performance arts and media, networks and collaboration, haptic and audio interaction, performance technologies and the innovative application of new technologies to music.
Digital Arts students will have access to specialist facilities and resources from across the Faculties of Arts, Design and Humanities and Technology.
Portable equipment is also available to loan out for use both on and off-campus.
Students will benefit from the newly developed facilities in the Arts Tower of the Vijay Patel building, including the Digital Arts Floor, an experimental space for innovation in digital creativity. You can also make use of a range of IT facilities, including a number of graphics and multimedia labs complete with software for drawing, multimedia, 3D modelling, animation and video.
Leicester , United Kingdom