The Digital Communication & Design Degree combines creative strategies with state-of-the-art technical skills in a single degree equipping students with expertise essential for creating attention-getting content that effectively communicates to modern audiences.
A digital world demands that universities today offer something beyond the traditional Communications Degree— a program that occupies the unique intersection of creative visual content and the contemporary media channels that allow any individual to reach the world through a keystroke or the click of a mouse.
- Leading Jessup’s first communications degree is broadcasting veteran Paul Robins. His 35-year media career includes Emmy Award winning work on the Discovery Channel, PBS, and locally in San Francisco and Sacramento. Paul has anchored television newscasts for over 10 years, and hosted morning drive radio broadcasts in Sacramento, Detroit and Dallas.
- Articulate how a variety of careers in their field of study, whether religious or secular, should be influenced by a Christian Worldview, and explain how their field of study is useful in service locally and globally.
- Demonstrate proficiency in critical thinking and professional writing skills, so as to be able to both produce and consume messages critically, including an understanding of how these skills can be effective across cultures.
- Create engaging messages on contemporary media platforms, demonstrating the skills necessary for successful employment in the digital/online/mobile world.
- Understand the research methods and measurement tools used to evaluate the effectiveness of messages of a variety of media platforms.
- Collaborate with others, both as leader and participant, to produce work of high quality.