Country: United States
In the Master of Science in digital forensics and cyber investigation at University of Maryland University College, you can gain the capability to help organizations and law enforcement detect data breaches, cyber attacks, and digital crime. Learn how to determine whether a digital system has been attacked or compromised as well as how to uncover, preserve, and present evidence for legal prosecution.
About the Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigation Master's Degree
Coursework in the digital forensics and cyber investigation master's degree can help you gain the technical competencies and knowledge needed to investigate system security breaches and recover lost or compromised data. Our curriculum features hands-on learning experiences that use the same evidence and scenarios encountered in real-world investigations.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Design procedures at a suspected crime scene to ensure that the digital evidence obtained is not corrupted
- Conduct hands-on forensic searches to identify intrusion methods
- Employ rigorous procedures to enable forensic results that can withstand scrutiny in a court of law
- Explain the operation of digital components
- Seize, image, deconstruct, and analyze digital media for evidence
- Prepare professional reports
- Present digital forensics results in a court of law as an expert witness