Why choose this course?
- There is a continuous corporate demand for graduates with both digital forensics and computer security skills This course brings together these core subject areas to provide an exciting and inspirational programme of study
- If you have a technical background you can extend your professional interests and profile in an area that is quickly becoming crucially important to corporations and governments on a national and international level
- Study a subject that is both challenging and stimulating in a supportive, friendly and inspiring environment. You'll develop a wide range of skills and competencies that will prepare you for a variety of career opportunities. Alternatively you could pursue further research leading to a PhD
- There are excellent opportunities to develop your own research portfolio in this area
- It's flexible to fit around you - study full time or part time, start in September or January
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016.
If you're from a technical background you can extend your professional interests and profile in an area that is quickly becoming crucially important to organisations. The need to defend the security of the computer systems, but also to retrieve digital evidence when a computer is involved in criminal activity or a security incident constantly increases.
A number of very specific factors are contributing towards the growth of digital forensics and computer security specialists. The popularity of the internet has contributed to the growth of malicious activity taking place in the online world demanding a need for research and innovation in the area. Cyber threat levels have increased and the requirements for intelligence gathering and analysis, and for investigation of digital devices and complex attacks are also increasing.
This programme brings together the core skills of forensics and security. During the course you will learn about fundamental as well as advanced research concepts in both computer forensics and security. There is an emphasis on professional research and you will be given opportunities throughout the programme to get involved with key research areas, including industry based projects developed through our excellent links with industry.
Regular fees: 580 GBP
International Fees : 12240 GBP
Kedleston Rd, Derby DE22 1GB
Derby , United Kingdom